Welcome to the Medinah Park District
MEDINAH PARK DISTRICT ANNOUNCES PHASE 4, TIER 2 MITIGATION UPDATES:
On January 18, 2021, the state of Illinois announced that Region 8 (DuPage and Kane Counties) will UPGRADE to Phase 4, Tier 2 of the Restore Illinois Phased Recovery Approach issued by the Office of the Governor, J.B. Pritzker. The Medinah Park District has the following updates to announce:
ALL PARK DISTRICT PLAYGROUNDS CONTINUE TO BE OPEN FOR USE. Please follow all IDPH and DCEO social distancing guidelines. A maximum of 50 individuals per playground site are allowed. Enjoy your neighborhood playgrounds.
The Connolly Recreation Center's front desk operations remain open to the public with front desk lobby hours consisting of Monday & Wednesday 7:00am to 6:00pm; Tuesday & Thursday 9:00am to 7:00pm; Fridays from 7:00am to 5:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Registration desk hours will be until 5:00pm. For the immediate future, there will be NO SUNDAY facility hours. We still strongly encourage on-line program registration via www.medinahparkdistrict.org.
All Park District PLAYING COURTS and ATHLETIC FIELDS (baseball, softball, tennis, pickleball, basketball and soccer) at various park sites, while in winter time flux, are open for use. However, due to Phase 4 restrictions, Tier 2, groups are limited to 25 people or less. Youth sport activities are permitted at 25% capacity of given facilities. Social distancing of 6 feet is to be maintained.
Our open spaces, trails and fishing areas remain open for use but please use the required social distancing guidelines when enjoying our parks.
All indoor organized recreation programming, including Preschool and Club Kindergarten, WILL BE ALLOWED TO TAKE PLACE ON-SITE as of January 18, 2021. Programs will be limited in size to the lesser of 25 participants or 25% of overall room capacity. Indoor and outdoor facility rentals are allowed, with limitations to group size, based upon 25% of individual room capacities. Park District staff continue to explore options that will provide rental opportunities that meet social distancing protocols now that the region has re-attained PHASE 4, Tier 2 Mitigation of the Restore Illinois program. Face Coverings are required for all indoor activities in Phase 4 Tier 2.
The Connolly Recreation Center's FITNESS CENTER remains open with restrictions for members as of Monday, January 18. Fitness Center hours are Mon.,Wed. from 7:00am - 6:00PM ; Tue.,Thu. from 9:00am - 7:00pm; Friday from 7:00am - 5:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am - 12:00pm. All members may drop in to the facility for use, may contact the Park District at 630-893-2560 to make an appointment to use the facility, if you wish, or call for additional information. Non-members may reserve a 45 minute workout time with a $5.00 non-refundable fee per time slot. Face Coverings are required in the FItness Center.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK OUR WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA FOR UPDATES. More information about the Restore Illinois Plan can be found online at https://www.dph.illinois.gov/restore.
What the public can continue to do to stay safe: 1) Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds 2) Stay home when you are sick 3) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands 4) Avoid close contact with people who are sick 5) Cover your cough and sneeze with tissues or your arm and 6) Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As a Park District, we continue to monitor local and regional agencies for guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Park District Risk Management Agency (PDRMA), and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and rely on their expertise and recommendations to continue to inform you on our decisions.
PARK DISTRICT Tennis Courts remain open as of November 20, 2020 !!!
The Medinah Park District tennis court complexes remain open as of Friday, November 20, 2020. The Courts at Thorndale Park, Nordic Park & Goodenough Park are open with the following sets of rules/regulations in place:
- Tennis/Pickleball Courts are open to SINGLES & DOUBLES PLAY.
- Maximum of 4 people on a court at any given time. Thorndale Park courts (4 total) allow a maximum of 16 people inside the fenced courts area, Nordic Park courts (1 total) allow a maximum of 4 people inside the fenced courts area & Goodenough Park (2 total) allow a maximum of 8 people inside the court area.
- If Tennis Courts are fully occupied, stay outside the fenced area until such time that a court opens up. Remain 6 feet apart (proper social distancing guidelines) inside and outside the fenced courts.
- There shall be NO OTHER ACTIVITIES or GATHERINGS other than tennis inside the fenced Tennis Court areas.
- DO NOT USE TENNIS COURTS if you have any symptoms related to COVID-19. Wash hands immediately after use of the tennis courts.
- THORNDALE PARK Tennis Court Lights will BE AVAILABLE through published hours of operation.
Welcome to our "Customer Loyalty Program"
Incentives tied to Fitness Center memberships, Facility rentals and Program registrations will provide residents and non-residents alike with opportunities to utilize our services year round and attain varying levels of Medinah Cash to be used toward future programs, memberships and rentals. We welcome all to join. Customer Loyalty Program
Spend $100 = $5 Medinah Cash
Spend $150 = $10 Medinah Cash
Spend $200 = $15 Medinah Cash
Spend $250 = $20 Medinah Cash
Spend $300+ = $25 Medinah Cash
Medinah Cash is redeemed by Program Registrations only!!
2020-21 WINTER PROGRAM GUIDE & REGISTRATION
The Medinah Park District's 2020-21 WINTER Program Guide will be made available to registrants to view via an ON-LINE VERSION ONLY starting Friday, December 4, 2020. MPD resident registration for Winter programs will begin on December 7, 2020. Non-resident registration begins December 14, 2020. All Medinah Park District residents will receive a POST CARD in your mailbox beginning December 4, 2020 explaining how to register for Winter, 2020-21 Programs, Events and Services. For the Winter 2020-21 season, individuals can register for their favorite programs via three different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah is available as of December 7 on Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Call 630-893-2560 if you did not receive your AUTUMN Program Guide Post Card at your home or P.O. Box.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your 2020-21 WINTER Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs. All Winter 2020-21 programs and events will remain fluid with possible changes to start dates and times at any given time due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic challenges we face.
Athletic Field Conditions
Soccer Field Conditions/Matches
Date: Field conditions/playing schedule for the date of: The 2020 FALL Youth Soccer season is CANCELLED. Specific fields are closed to organized, competitive use through the Fall season, 2020.
- PreK & K - Medinah Inter. School Field: FIELD CLOSED TO USE.
- 1st & 2nd - Medinah Inter. School Field: FIELD CLOSED TO USE.
- 3rd & 4th - Medinah Middle School East Field: Contact Dist. #11 for use permit.
- 5th & 6th - Medinah Middle School East Field: Contact Dist. #11 for use permit.
- MANARY SOCCER FIELD - FIELD CLOSED DURING BASEBALL SEASON.
Baseball/Softball Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth league in these instances for condition updates.
ALL PARK DISTRICT BALL FIELDS are currently CLOSED for Association (RMSBO & RAMPAGE/RAGE organizations) use for the fall/winter seasons. General public may contact the Park District for available field usage.
DATE: December 21, 2020
- Manary Park ballfield - Rampage/Rage organization use only.
- Riha Park ballfield - RMSBO organization use only.
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - No game or practice use allowed.
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - Rampage/Rage organization use only.
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - RMSBO organization use only.
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - By PERMIT ONLY for Public.
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - No game or practice use allowed.
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - No game or practice scheduled.