Welcome to the Medinah Park District
"Winter Candy Land" Daddy-Daughter Dance
The Medinah Park Districts annual Daddy-Daughter Dance will take place on Friday, February 8, 2019 at the Connolly Recreation Center from 6:00-9:00pm. Put on your dancing shoes and come to the Rec Center for a night of food, fun and "sweet" memories that will last a lifetime !! The night includes dinner, dancing, a Candy Bar and photo opportunities at our CANDY LAND. Registration deadline is February 1, 2019. Fees are $49/couple for residents with $15 for additional siblings.
THORNDALE PARK SLED HILL
The Medinah Park District invites all residents to enjoy the Sled Hill located at Thorndale Park - South this winter. There is plenty of on-site parking available at either the Thorndale Park lot or the west parking lot of the Metra train station (park in far northwest corner of lot). The Sled Hill is open dawn to dusk, 7 days a week, and is weather dependent. PRESENT CONDITIONS (Jan. 23, 2019) - Great sledding !!
2018-2019 WINTER/SPRING PROGRAM GUIDE & REGISTRATION
The Medinah Park District's 2019 Winter/Spring Program Guide was delivered to resident mailboxes the week of November 19, 2018. MPD resident registration for Winter/Spring programs started on November 26, 2018. Non-resident registration began on December 3, 2018. Individuals can register for their favorite programs via a number of different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
Over the Counter registration is accepted during regular Connolly Recreation Center office hours of 8:30 am-9:30 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8:00 pm on Friday and 7:30 am-2:00 pm on Saturday. All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Call 630-893-2560 if you did not receive your Winter/Spring Program Guide at your home or P.O. Box.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your 2019 Winter/Spring Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
Medinah Community Rummage Sale
Got a bunch of "STUFF" that needs to find a new owner? You are invited to participate in our one-day community rummage sale event. Everyone will receive a table and chairs. Limit of two tables per seller. Event takes place on Saturday, February 2 from 9:00am-1:00pm. Registration Deadline will be on January 25, 2019 to be a vendor. Tables are $15 for one and $25 for two. Event will be held at the Connolly Recreation Center-Gym.
Athletic Field Conditions
Soccer Field Conditions/Matches
Date: All Park District Soccer matches have concluded for the Autumn, 2018 season.
- PreK & K - Medinah Intermediate School Field: No home Matches
- 1st & 2nd - Medinah Intermediate School Field: No home Match
- 3rd & 4th - Medinah Middle School North Field: No home Match
- 5th & 6th - Medinah Middle School East Field: No home Match
- 7th & 8th - Manary Park Field: No match scheduled
Baseball/Softball Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth league in these instances for condition updates.
Date: Field usage for the 2018 calendar year has been completed.
- Manary Park ballfield - No games scheduled
- Riha Park ballfield - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field South - No games scheduled
Prevailing Wage Notice
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Park Commissioners of the Medinah Park District, DuPage County, Illinois on the 20th day of June, 2018, did ascertain and make effective their determination of the prevailing rate of wages as defined in the Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/0.01, et seq.), as amended, said rates having been certified by the Illinois Department of Labor. Copies of said determination of such prevailing rate of wages are available for inspection by any interested party in the offices of the Secretary of the Medinah Park District at 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah, IL 60157 or by the following hyperlink to the prevailing wage schedule for DuPage County in the official website of the Department of Labor: Prevailing Wage Notice