Welcome to the Medinah Park District
We welcome you to the website of the Medinah Park District. We are excited to be able to provide the Medinah community with up to date and relevant information regarding the programs and services offered by the District.
Medinah Park District to Begin Master Plan Facility Upgrades.
Over the next 36 months, and starting as early as late Spring of 2014, the residents of the Medinah Park District will see an ambitious and necessary transformation of both indoor and outdoor facilities within the district's boundaries. Please click here to read more.
Winner of 2014 Snowman Family Photo Contest Announced!
Congratulations to "Snowman Blob" and Santino and Ella on winning the snowman photo contest. This photo will be used in our Winter/Spring 2015 brochure next year. Thank you to everyone who submitted photo's.
Summer Camp and Traveling Teen Camp registration begins April 1st.
The Medinah Park District is now taking registration for 2014 Summer Camp and Traveling Teen Camp. Please take advantage of our Early Bird rates through April 30th! You must come into Thorndale Recreation Center to register for this program. Information about this program can be found in our brochure or inquire within.
Now accepting applications for Summer Camp Counselors & Teen Camp Counselors!
The Medinah Park District is now accepting applications for Summer Camp Counselors & Teen Camp Counselors. These are seasonal positions with varying start and end dates. If interested, please complete an application and submit Counselor positions to Carol Healy or Kim Jay. Our teen camp counselors must be 21 years or older. Applications can be found on our Employment Opportunities page.
2014 Summer Program Guide and Registration
The Medinah Park District's 2014 Summer Program Guide will be delivered to resident mailboxes in late April 2014. Individuals can register for their favorite programs via a number of different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Thorndale Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
Over the Counter registration is accepted during regular Thorndale Recreation Center facility hours of 8:30 am-10 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8 pm on Friday, 7:30 am-4 pm on Saturday and 9 am-12 pm on Sunday. All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Non-resident registration begins on Monday, May 19, 2014.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your present 2014 Summer Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
Thorndale Recreation Center 2014 Winter/Spring Facility Hours
The Medinah Park District's Thorndale Recreation Center will operate under the following hours during the Winter/Spring season of 2013-14:
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-10:00 pm
- Friday 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am-4:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
In addition, the Thorndale Recreation Center and administrative offices will be closed on the following days during the Winter/Spring of 2013-14:
December 25, January 1, April 18
Athletic Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth or adult league in these instances for condition updates.
Date: April 16, 2014
- Manary Park ballfield - unplayable
- Manary Park soccerfield - unplayable
- Riha Park ballfield - unplayable
- Thorndale Park/Intermediate School soccer field - unplayable
- Middle School soccer field - unplayable
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - unplayable
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - unplayable
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - unplayable
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - unplayable
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - unplayable
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - unplayable
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field South - unplayable