Welcome to the Medinah Park District
MEDINAH PARK DISTRICT ANNOUNCES PHASE 4 UPDATES:
On June 26, 2020, the state of Illinois announced it has officially entered Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Phased Recovery Approach issued by the Office of the Governor, J.B. Pritzker. The Medinah Park District has the following updates to announce:
ALL PARK DISTRICT PLAYGROUNDS ARE OPEN FOR USE. Please follow all IDPH and DCEO social distancing guidelines. A maximum of 50 individuals per playground site are allowed. Enjoy your neighborhood playgrounds.
The Connolly Recreation Center's front desk operations will re-open to the public on Monday, June 29 with facility hours consisting of Monday - Friday 8:30am to 6:00pm. Registration desk hours will be until 5:00pm. For the immediate future, there will be NO SATURDAY OR SUNDAY facility hours. We still strongly encourage on-line program registration via www.medinahparkdistrict.org.
All Park District PLAYING COURTS and ATHLETIC FIELDS (baseball, softball, tennis, pickleball, basketball and soccer) at various park sites are open for use. However, due to Phase 4 restrictions, groups are limited to 50 people or less. Youth sport activities are permitted at 50% capacity of given facilities with 20% seating capacity allowed. Social distancing of 6 feet is to be maintained. COMPETITIVE GAMES ARE ALLOWED.
Our open spaces, trails and fishing areas remain open for use but please use the required social distancing guidelines when enjoying our parks.
All indoor and outdoor facility rentals are limited to regular weekday facility business hours until further notice. Park District staff continue to explore options that will provide rental opportunities that meet social distancing protocols now that the region has attained PHASE 4 of the Restore Illinois program, as well as developing safe facility guidelines for groups of 50 or less.
The Connolly Recreation Center's FITNESS CENTER will re-open with restrictions for members on Monday, June 29. Contact the Park District at 630-893-2560 to make an appointment to use the facility and for additional information. Non-members may reserve a 45 minute workout time with a $5.00 non-refundable fee per time slot.
The Park District's NEW "Summer Fun 2020" Camp opportunity for youth is currently open for registration. This NEW camp program is scheduled to begin on Monday, July 6 and will run through August 7, 2020. The original Adventure Day Camp program that was scheduled to start on June 15, 2020 has been CANCELLED. Individual families who registered for the Adventure Camp program will receive pertinent information from the Park District no later than May 30, 2020 on various options just for them. The "Summer Fun 2020" program will be restructured to incorporate small group sizes and physical distancing restrictions. This new program will follow all Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) approved guidelines. Additional weekly registration information is available at 630-893-2560.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK OUR WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA FOR UPDATES. More information about the Restore Illinois Plan can be found online at https://www.dph.illinois.gov/restore.
What the public can continue to do to stay safe: 1) Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds 2) Stay home when you are sick 3) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands 4) Avoid close contact with people who are sick 5) Cover your cough and sneeze with tissues or your arm and 6) Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As a Park District, we continue to monitor local and regional agencies for guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Park District Risk Management Agency (PDRMA), and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and rely on their expertise and recommendations to continue to inform you on our decisions.
PARK DISTRICT Tennis Courts Reopened as of MAY 20, 2020 !!!
The Medinah Park District re-opened our tennis court complexes on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. The Courts at Thorndale Park, Nordic Park & Goodenough Park are open with the following sets of rules/regulations in place:
- Tennis/Pickleball Courts are open to SINGLES MATCHES ONLY !! NO DOUBLES PLAY ALLOWED.
- Maximum of 2 people on a court at any given time. Thorndale Park courts (4 total) allow a maximum of 8 people inside the fenced courts area, Nordic Park courts (2 total) allow a maximum of 4 people inside the fenced courts area & Goodenough Park (2 total) allow a maximum of 4 people inside the court area.
- If Tennis Courts are fully occupied, stay outside the fenced area until such time that a court opens up. Remain 6 feet apart (proper social distancing guidelines) inside and outside the fenced courts.
- There shall be NO OTHER ACTIVITIES or GATHERINGS other than tennis inside the fenced Tennis Court areas.
- DO NOT USE TENNIS COURTS if you have any symptoms related to COVID-19. Wash hands immediately after use of the tennis courts.
- THORNDALE PARK Tennis Court Lights will NOT BE AVAILABLE for use upon setting of dusk.
THE MEDINAH PARK DISTRICT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE DOWN ALL TENNIS COURTS at any time should incorrect/improper activity warrant or if RULES ARE NOT BEING FOLLOWED. USE COURTS RESPONSIBLY and practice proper Social Distancing.
Welcome to our "Customer Loyalty Program"
Incentives tied to Fitness Center memberships, Facility rentals and Program registrations will provide residents and non-residents alike with opportunities to utilize our services year round and attain varying levels of Medinah Cash to be used toward future programs, memberships and rentals. We welcome all to join. Customer Loyalty Program
Spend $100 = $5 Medinah Cash
Spend $150 = $10 Medinah Cash
Spend $200 = $15 Medinah Cash
Spend $250 = $20 Medinah Cash
Spend $300+ = $25 Medinah Cash
Medinah Cash is redeemed by Program Registrations only!!
2020 SUMMER PROGRAM GUIDE & REGISTRATION
The Medinah Park District's 2020 Summer Program Guide was made available to registrants via an ON-LINE VERSION ONLY starting the week of April 27, 2020. MPD resident registration for Summer programs began on April 27, 2020. Non-resident registration began May 4, 2020. All Medinah Park District residents received a POST CARD in your mailbox the week of April 24, 2020 explaining how to register for Summer, 2020 Programs, Events and Services. For the Summer 2020 season, individuals can register for their favorite programs via three different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah is available as of June 29, 2020 on Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Call 630-893-2560 if you did not receive your SUMMER Program Guide Post Card at your home or P.O. Box.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your 2020 Summer Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs. All Summer, 2020 programs and events will remain fluid with possible changes to start dates and times at any given time due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic challenges we face.
Athletic Field Conditions
Soccer Field Conditions/Matches
Date: Field conditions/playing schedule for the date of: The 2020 SPRING Soccer season is CANCELLED. Specific fields are closed to use through August 20, 2020.
- PreK & K - Medinah Inter. School Field: FIELD CLOSED TO USE.
- 1st & 2nd - Medinah Inter. School Field: FIELD CLOSED TO USE.
- 3rd & 4th - Medinah Middle School East Field: Contact Dist. #11 for use permit.
- 5th & 6th - Medinah Middle School East Field: Contact Dist. #11 for use permit.
- MANARY SOCCER FIELD - FIELD CLOSED DURING BASEBALL SEASON.
Baseball/Softball Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth league in these instances for condition updates.
Date: ALL PARK DISTRICT BALL FIELDS are OPEN for Association (RMSBO & RAMPAGE/RAGE organizations) use. General public may contact the Park District for available field usage.
- Manary Park ballfield - Rampage/Rage organization use only.
- Riha Park ballfield - RMSBO organization use only.
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - No game or practice use allowed.
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - Rampage/Rage organization use only.
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - RMSBO organization use only.
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - By PERMIT ONLY for Public.
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - No game or practice use allowed.
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - No game or practice scheduled.