Welcome to the Medinah Park District
We welcome you to the website of the Medinah Park District. We are excited to be able to provide the Medinah community with up to date and relevant information regarding the programs and services offered by the District.
Now accepting applications for Summer Camp Counselors, Teen Camp Counselors and Park Maintenance Laborers!
The Medinah Park District is now accepting applications for Summer Camp Counselors, Teen Camp Counselors and Park Maintenance Laborers. These are seasonal positions with varying start and end dates. If interested, please complete an application and submit Counselor positions to Carol Healy or Kim Jay and Park Maintenance positions to Vince DeGrado . Our teen camp counselors must be 21 years or older. Applications can be found on our Employment Opportunities page.
Youth Soccer Registration Ongoing through March 7th. Late Registration through March 19th, $10 late fee.
Register now for Youth Soccer ages 4-14. Age is dependent on your birthday as of August 1, 2013. All new players must purchase a Medinah Park District uniform. Season runs from April through the beginning of June. Games will be held on Saturday's with one to two practices during the week. $55/resident, $65/non-resident through March 7th. After this date, a $10 late fee will apply. Contact Kim Jay at 630-893-2560 for additional information.
Now Open! Sledding & Ice Skating at Thorndale Park
2014 Summer Program Guide and Registration
The Medinah Park District's 2014 Summer Program Guide will be delivered to resident mailboxes in late April 2014. Individuals can register for their favorite programs via a number of different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Thorndale Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
Over the Counter registration is accepted during regular Thorndale Recreation Center facility hours of 8:30 am-10:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8:00 pm on Friday, 7:30 am-4:00 pm on Saturday and 9:00 am-12:00 pm on Sunday. All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Non-resident registration begins on Monday, December 16, 2013.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your present 2014 Summer Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
Thorndale Recreation Center 2013-14 Winter/Spring Facility Hours
The Medinah Park District's Thorndale Recreation Center will operate under the following hours during the Winter/Spring season of 2013-14:
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-10:00 pm
- Friday 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am-4:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
In addition, the Thorndale Recreation Center and administrative offices will be closed on the following days during the Winter/Spring of 2013-14:
December 25, January 1, April 18
Athletic Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth or adult league in these instances for condition updates.
- Manary Park ballfield - Not Scheduled
- Manary Park soccerfield - Not Scheduled
- Riha Park ballfield - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park/Intermediate School soccer field - Not Scheduled
- Middle School soccer field - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - Not Scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field South - Not Scheduled
*Not Scheduled - no games provided to Medinah Park District from organizations