Welcome to the Medinah Park District
MEDINAH PARK DISTRICT IS HIRING SUMMER SEASONAL STAFF
The Medinah Park District is currently accepting applications for 2019 Summer seasonal staff (summer camp counselors and summer park maintenance staff). Applications can be picked up at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah during regular facility hours or can be downloaded from this website by clicking on ABOUT US and clicking on EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES. Camp counselor positions begin work in early June and work through mid August, 2019. Summer maintenance positions begin work in late April - mid May and can continue through early September, 2019. Please see further information in the Employment Opportunities section of the website.
EASTER EGG HUNT & TROOP 95 PANCAKE BREAKFAST - Sat., April 20
This annual Medinah Park District event takes place on Saturday, April 20, 2019 at Thorndale Park and the Connolly Recreation Center. All 2-10 year olds should bring your own basket to collect eggs and other goodies for the annual Easter Egg Hunt starting promptly at 10:00AM !! And make sure to bring along your cameras as the Easter Bunny will be on hand for photographs. This event is FREE !!
The Boy Scout Troop 95 "All You Can Eat" Pancake Breakfast takes place from 8:00am - 11:30am in the Walnut Room of the Connolly Recreation Center. Items on the menu include pancakes and sausage along with coffee, hot tea, milk and orange juice. Tickets can be purchased at the door or at the Connolly Recreation Center beginning on April 1, 2019 between the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm.
2019 SUMMER PROGRAM GUIDE & REGISTRATION
The Medinah Park District's 2019 Summer Program Guide will be delivered to resident mailboxes the week of April 22, 2019. MPD resident registration for Summer programs will begin on April 22, 2019. Non-resident registration began on April 29, 2019. Individuals can register for their favorite programs via a number of different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
Over the Counter registration is accepted during regular Connolly Recreation Center office hours of 8:30 am-9:30 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8:00 pm on Friday and 7:30 am-2:00 pm on Saturday. All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Call 630-893-2560 if you do not receive your Summer Program Guide at your home or P.O. Box.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your 2019 Summer Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
Athletic Field Conditions
Soccer Field Conditions/Matches
Date: Home and Away matches for: Saturday, April 20, 2019
- PreK & K - Medinah Inter. School Field: No Matches Scheduled Home or Away
- 1st & 2nd - Medinah Inter. School Field: No Matches Scheduled Home or Away
- 3rd & 4th - Medinah Middle School East Field: No Matches Scheduled Home or Away
- 5th & 6th - Medinah Middle School East Field: No Matches Scheduled Home or Away
Baseball/Softball Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth league in these instances for condition updates.
Date: Field conditions for the date of: April 18 and 19, 2019
- Manary Park ballfield - Not playable
- Riha Park ballfield - Not playable
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - Not playable
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - Not playable
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - Not playable
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - Not playable
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - Not playable
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field South - No games scheduled
Prevailing Wage Notice
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Park Commissioners of the Medinah Park District, DuPage County, Illinois on the 20th day of June, 2018, did ascertain and make effective their determination of the prevailing rate of wages as defined in the Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130/0.01, et seq.), as amended, said rates having been certified by the Illinois Department of Labor. Copies of said determination of such prevailing rate of wages are available for inspection by any interested party in the offices of the Secretary of the Medinah Park District at 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah, IL 60157 or by the following hyperlink to the prevailing wage schedule for DuPage County in the official website of the Department of Labor: Prevailing Wage Notice