Welcome to the Medinah Park District
2019 FAMILY FEST - Saturday, August 24 at Thorndale Park
The Medinah Park District's 2019 Family Fest is scheduled to kick off on Saturday, August 24 from 11:00am through 4:00pm at Thorndale Park. The day will include food vendors, community business vendors, entertainment from the "Pirates Over 40" band, climbing walls, inflatables, touch-a-truck, a petting zoo, games and contests, giveaways and silent auction, program demonstrations and lots of fun, fun, fun !!! We welcome the entire community to celebrate the end of summer with the Medinah Park District. SEE YOU ON THE 24TH !!!
PRESCHOOL - 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
The Medinah Park District is currently accepting registration for both our 3 year old and 4 year old Preschool Program which will begin the week of September 2, 2019. Our program offers your child a comfortable, safe and fun environment for learning. The program is semi-structured and focuses on developing socialization, self-confidence, fine and large motor skills as well as pre-kindergarten and kindergarten readiness skills. Children must be the appropriate age by September 1, 2019. The Park District provides for various fee options with tri-mester payments being the primary option for registrants. Contact Carol Healy, Recreation Supervisor at 630-893-2560 for more information on this wonderful program.
2019 AUTUMN PROGRAM GUIDE & REGISTRATION
The Medinah Park District's 2019 Autumn Program Guide will be delivered to resident mailboxes the week of July 29, 2019. MPD resident registration for Autumn programs begins on July 29, 2019. Non-resident registration begins on August 5, 2019. Individuals can register for their favorite programs via a number of different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
Over the Counter registration is accepted during regular Connolly Recreation Center office hours of 8:30 am-9:30 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8:00 pm on Friday and 7:30 am-2:00 pm on Saturday. All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Call 630-893-2560 if you do not receive your Summer Program Guide at your home or P.O. Box.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your 2019 Autumn Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
Athletic Field Conditions
Soccer Field Conditions/Matches
Date: Thursday, August 22
- PreK & K - Medinah Inter. School Field:
- 1st & 2nd - Medinah Inter. School Field:
- 3rd & 4th - Medinah Middle School East Field:
- 5th & 6th - Medinah Middle School East Field:
- MANARY SOCCER FIELD - PLAYABLE
Baseball/Softball Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth league in these instances for condition updates.
Date: Field conditions for the date of: Thursday, August 22, 2019.
- Manary Park ballfield - No game or practice scheduled.
- Riha Park ballfield - No game or practice scheduled.
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - No game or practice scheduled.
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - Playable
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - Playable
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - Playable
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - No game or practice scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - No game or practice scheduled
FITNESS CENTER EQUIPMENT ADDITIONS !!!
The Medinah Park District's Fitness Center, located within the Connolly Recreation Center, has seen upgrades in equipment with the addition of a Body Craft ECT800G Elliptical Trainer and a Body Craft VR400 Rowing Machine. We have also added 2 new 40" Televisions. Stop in and see what we have to offer for improved health and wellness !!