Welcome to the Medinah Park District
We welcome you to the website of the Medinah Park District. We are excited to be able to provide the Medinah community with up to date and relevant information regarding the programs and services offered by the District.
Halloween Happenings slated for Friday, October 24 from 6:30-10:30 pm!
Come enjoy some Fall and Halloween festivities at the Medinah Park District, Thorndale Park! Click here for additional information.
Youth Basketball League Registration
The Medinah Park District offers this league for both boys and girls in grades 1st through 8th. Focus will center on individual instruction, teamwork, and friendly competition. Weekly practices begin in early December and games against other local park district teams start in January and run through the middle of March. Please let us know if you would like to volunteer to coach your son or daughter's team. Click here for specifics on each grade level. Registration deadline is Friday, October 31st.
2014 Fall Program Guide and Registration (click here for brochure)
The Medinah Park District's 2014 Fall Program Guide will be delivered to resident mailboxes beginning on August 1st. Individuals can register for their favorite programs via a number of different formats beginning on this date. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Thorndale Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration to 630-893-0932.
Over the Counter registration is accepted during regular Thorndale Recreation Center facility hours of 8:30 am-10 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am-8 pm on Friday, 7:30 am-3 pm on Saturday and 9 am-12 pm on Sunday. All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Non-resident registration begins on Monday, August 18, 2014.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your present 2014 Fall Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
2014 Fall Program Guide features, Preschool, Dance, Youth Basketball, Fall Special Events, Trips & more!
Medinah Park District to Begin Master Plan Facility Upgrades.
Over the next 36 months, and starting as early as late Spring of 2014, the residents of the Medinah Park District will see an ambitious and necessary transformation of both indoor and outdoor facilities within the district's boundaries. Please click here to read more.
Thorndale Recreation Center 2014 Fall Facility Hours
The Medinah Park District's Thorndale Recreation Center will operate under the following hours during the Fall 2014 season:
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-10:00 pm
- Friday 6:00 am-8:00 pm
- Saturday 7:30 am-3:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am-12:00 pm
In addition, the Thorndale Recreation Center and administrative offices will be closed on the following days during the Summer:
August 31, September 1, November 27, December 25
Athletic Field Conditions
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth or adult league in these instances for condition updates.
Date: Leagues and Games are complete for the year
- Manary Park ballfield - No games scheduled
- Riha Park ballfield - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - No games scheduled
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field South - No games scheduled