Welcome to the Medinah Park District
MEDINAH PARK DISTRICT AWARDED DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES OSLAD GRANT
The State of Illinois has announced the awarding of $30.3 Million is Open Space Land Acquisition Development (OSLAD) grants to 87 park and recreation agencies throughout the state with the Medinah Park District being awarded $400,000.00 in matching grant monies for the re-development of Thorndale Park. These dedicated funds are used to ensure for much needed park improvement projects that benefit communities throughout Illinois. The Park District submitted their grant application for a project totaling in excess of $800,000.00 for park improvements at Thorndale Park. The Thorndale Park re-development project focuses on enhancing the park's existing recreational features already on site while also encompassing new recreational components. The project will provide a nice balance of active and passive elements, all focused on community recreation. These park elements include a NEW 2-12 year old ADA accessible playground with poured in place surfacing, a NEW park pavilion located in the southern portion of the park, a NEW sand volleyball complex, multiple exercise/fitness stations along an in-place trail system, game court elements to include baggo, bocce and pickleball upgrades within the present tennis court complex. Additional landscaping, park benches and trail length will be incorporated into the development. The development will be worked on through the Fall of 2024.
Much appreciation goes out the Park Board of Commissioners and Park District staff for their tireless efforts in the attainment of this OSLAD Grant.
Bruce Baum - Executive Director Jean Ott - President, Board of Park Commissioners
2022/23 WINTER/SPRING PROGRAM GUIDE & REGISTRATION
The Medinah Park District's 2022/23 WINTER/SPRING Program Guide is available for registrants to peruse starting Tuesday, November 15, 2022 via our website. MPD resident registration for WINTER/SPRING programs will begin on November 28, 2022. Non-resident registration began on December 5, 2022. All Medinah Park District residents will receive a copy of the WINTER/SPRING brochure in your mailbox starting November 18, 2022 with information for Winter/Spring, 2022/2023 Programs, Events and Services. For the Winter/Spring 2022-23 season, individuals can register for their favorite programs via four different formats. Resident and non-residents may register as follows:
- On-line Registration starts November 28 for residents (please click on the Programs link at the top of the home page to begin this process).
- Over the Counter/Drop In Registration at the Connolly Recreation Center, 22W130 Thorndale Avenue, Medinah is available as of November 28 on Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Mail-In Registration - Mail your registration(s) to Medinah Park District, 22W130 Thorndale, Medinah, IL 60157.
- Fax in your registration with credit card payment to 630-893-0932.
All registrations for programs is on a first come, first serve basis and all registration fees MUST be paid in advance of all program starting dates. Call 630-893-2560 if you did not receive your WINTER/SPRING Program Guide at your home or P.O. Box.
Please call 630-893-2560 regarding specific questions related to our programs and services or read your 2022/23 WINTER/SPRING Program Guide for specific starting times of your favorite programs.
Athletic Field Conditions
Soccer Field Conditions/Matches
Date: Field conditions/playing schedule for the date of: Spring, 2023 Soccer information will be available in March, 2023
- PreK & K - Medinah Intermediate School Field: No Activity
- 1st & 2nd - Medinah Intermediate School Field: No Activity
- 3rd & 4th - Medinah Middle School East Field: No Activity
- 5th & 6th - Medinah Middle School East Field: No Activity
- MANARY Park Soccer Field - No Activity
- Riha Park Soccer Field - No Activity
Baseball/Softball Field Conditions/Games
Be aware that weather conditions surfacing after the reporting time of 3:00 pm may cause certain fields and games to be cancelled or delayed. Contact your youth league in these instances for field condition updates.
ALL PARK DISTRICT BALL FIELDS are currently retired from use until Spring, 2023. Field maintenance operations will render all fields unplayable as of the end of October, 2022. The RMSBO 2022 baseball/softball season is complete. The General public may contact the Park District for available field usage.
DATE: - Ballfield conditions/games for: TBA
- Manary Park ballfield - Season Completed
- Riha Park ballfield - Season Completed
- Thorndale Park Field #1 - Season Completed
- Thorndale Park Field #2 - Season Completed
- Thorndale Park Field #3 - Season Completed
- Thorndale Park Field #4 - Season Completed
- Thorndale Park Field #5 - Season Completed
- Thorndale Park T-ball Field North - Season Completed